C2C 2015 - final programming and artists update!
FINAL COUNTDOWN TO THE UK’s LARGEST COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL
Saturday - Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Lee Ann Womack, Brandy Clark
Sunday - Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, Kip Moore
FINAL PROGRAMMING AND ARTISTS CONFIRMED
* SAM PALLADIO TO PERFORM ACOUSTIC SET ON SATELLITE STAGE AND WILL JOIN CMA TALK*
* WARD THOMAS ALSO CONFIRMED FOR THE C2C SATELLITE STAGE*
*CMA CINEMA SCREENINGS ANNOUNCED*
* TOWN SQUARE & POP-UP STAGES UPDATE*
The wait is almost over as C2C returns to The O2, London for the third time on 7 and 8 March 2015. Over 30,000 country music fans will enjoy a weekend full of live performance from the biggest country music stars in the world as well emerging artists from the UK and Europe. Last few tickets remain for both days, so don’t miss out.
For those who want to make a day of it Country to Country will officially kick off at 11am on Saturday March 7 when the Town Square market opens and the first Pop Up stage starts. Fan should also expect surprise artist announcements across the weekend via the C2C social media channels.
Artists for the Satellite Stage in the main Arena
Between artist performances on the main stage there will be two short sets each day on a new Satellite Stage.
Saturday: Acoustic performance from Sam Palladio the British actor and musician who plays Gunnar on the TV series Nashville. He will be also taking part in another first for the Festival as part of the CMA Talks plus the previously announced CMA Songwriters Series at indigo at The O2 on Friday 6 March. The previously announced singer-songwriter Sam Hunt will also perform on Saturday.
Sunday: Two of the up-and-coming British acts who have made such an impact on the UK scene in the last 12 months. Ward Thomas are now confirmed to appear as well as the previously announced The Shires.
We are delighted to announce a CMA Talk as part of the exclusive daytime events at C2C, arranged by the Country Music Association
Saturday: 1pm Live Q&A with Sam Palladio, at Indigo at The O2
Sam Palladio’s 45 minute on stage interview will cover his life as a TV star of the series Nashville, his career as actor and musician, his plans for the future and how life is for an actor from Cornwall living his dream in Nashville. Although free to attend - spaces are limited and vouchers for entry should be collected from the Indigo at The O2 box office on a two voucher per person basis from 10.30am on Saturday. Vouchers will be distributed on a first come-first served basis.
CMA Screenings in the Cinema
The Country Music Association will programme special film screenings in Cineworld at The O2 on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 1pm. There will be one programme of two films each day. Although free to attend - spaces are limited and vouchers for entry should be collected from the Cineworld at The O2 on a two voucher per person basis from 10.30am each day – vouchers will be distributed on a first come-first served basis.
Saturday: 11am – 1pm
· An exciting new documentary about the 130-year history of Music City USA, “FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC: THE STORY OF NASHVILLE”. Including a live introduction and Q&A with CMA Song Of The Year award winning singer-songwriters Jessi Alexander and Jon Randall.
· Also showing will be the new American PBS special “FRONT AND CENTER: CMA SONGWRITER SERIES WITH DIERKS BENTLEY”, a televised music performance celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the CMA Songwriters Series and featuring Dierks and other hit songwriters, Brett James, Jon Randall, Jim Beavers, and Ross Copperman.
Sunday: 11am – 1pm
· The Cinema will show “2014 CMA MUSIC FESTIVAL: COUNTRY’S NIGHT TO ROCK”, a TV special featuring performances from CMA's annual Country Music festival that takes place in downtown Nashville each summer and attracts over 80,000 Country Music fans from across the globe. The special features spectacular performances by Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Florida Georgia Line, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, The Band Perry and many more.
· Also showing is the PBS special “FRONT & CENTER: CMA SONGWRITERS SERIES WITH LADY ANTEBELLUM” featuring the trio in an intimate Songwriters Series setting performing their signature hits plus new music from their fifth studio album, 747. The group shares personal stories from the road, the writing room, and the events that inspired their music. They are joined by songwriters Rodney Clawson, Tom Douglas, Josh Kear, Luke Laird, and Abe Stoklasa for some special collaborations.
Over 25 vendors will be in the Town Square with selling everything from vintage items to western wear to music and memorabilia. As usual fans will also be spoilt for choice by a variety of food and drink stalls including Bodeans BBQ, serving slow smoked delights, cocktails by Craft Cocktail Company, Cream and Countryselling 100% natural ice cream, Enjoy Life by the Glass will be selling a selection of wines with Meantime Brewing Company serving up local craft beer.
The C2C merch line will also available on site across the weekend alongside the arena artists’ merchandise. Don’t miss out on a C2C t shirt, hoody, cap, key ring or tea towel!
Artist Signings at the CMA Booth in Town Square
Kix Brooks, Brandy Clark, Jon Randall and Jessi Alexander will be among the many pop up artists who will be signing autographs and merchandise across the weekend at the CMA Booth at the Town Square – keep an eye on official C2C social channels for timings over the weekend.
Pop-Up stages update
Michele Stodart - bassist, vocalist and co-songwriter for the band The Magic Numbers, will be performing a solo set of some of her Americana country blues songs. Other additions to the stages include Millers Daughter and Gary Quinn. The full schedule of artists’ stages and stage times is now available on the C2C website.
Another first this year is new venue, The Saloon one of the free Pop Up stages, which can be found in the WM Jazz Club and will feature an intimate space for singer songwriters to perform and talk about their song-writing. Fans are invited to come along, sit back, and enjoy the programme which will include C2C Pop Up artists alongside a Bob Harris curated show by Under The Apple Tree Sessions.
C2C after parties at Brooklyn Bowl - Saturday sold out, Sunday limited tickets still available.
The new official C2C after parties will be hosted by country music DJ and radio/TV presenter; DJ Baylen Leonard, and will feature a surprise guest performing each night.
CMA Songwriters Series – indigo at The O2 – Friday 6 March - Limited tickets still available
C2C presents the Country Music Association (CMA) Songwriters Series, with host Kix Brooks featuring Brandy Clark, Sam Palladio, Jessi Alexander and Jon Randall. The two-hour show presents the songwriters and artists together on stage, taking turns telling the stories behind their songs and performing them acoustically as originally written.
BBC Radio 2 Country DAB service
As previously announced by BBC Radio 2, there is a pop-up digital audio broadcasting (DAB) service which will broadcast from Thursday 5 to Sunday 8 March (midday to midnight) and will broadcast live C2C coverage from 4pm to 11pm/10.30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
There will be limited capacity for some of the free activity taking place including Brooklyn Bowl and The Saloon so a first come, first served policy will be in place.